8 Employment Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the field marketing industry. Whether you are a recruitment agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following employment facts (Updated December 2018):
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $6,000 and $13,000.
- On average there will be between 63 and 100 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 3% and 11% of these applicants get an interview.
- It was reported of the 21,000 new hires 44% of them failed within 16 months and of these, 86% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the company. Only 11% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Organisations spend on average 6 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 79% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 81% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- companies report that 1 in 22 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 40% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- On average new staff take between 23 and 27 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Phone interviews last 27 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 46 minutes on average. In a survey of 2,000 hiring managers, 34% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 1 day to 13 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 29% look for multitasking skills; 31% look for initiative; 19% look for creative thinking; and 13% look for something else in the candidate.
For more Merchandising Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >